Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 September 2023

Jaffna Cigars


So, I went there

to jaffna to see

how they rolled that

famous Jaffna cigar  

he smoked them 

all  the time 

his nick name was "suruttuva"


bought from the Jaffna shop

near the junction

which went into flames

some dark day


they were smelly 

they said

but it was the most 

beautiful smell 

for me





Today I lit up

one cigar in my garden

I had the smell 

as it was before

father's smell

I had this

wonderful feeling 

and hapiness 

with one puff

and with one sip of

Ceylon tea  

- Ajith D 13/09/2023









- Thank you Prasanna Yogarajah for taking me to see how they roll the original Jaffna cigars




2 comments:

I encourage you to share your thoughts if they are related to the topic being discussed. I review all the comments being posted. The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect my opinion.
I want to publish all your comments, but I expect comments generally to be courteous. I will not post comments if they:
contain hate speech directed at any particular race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability;
contain obscene, indecent, or profane language;
contain threats or defamatory statements;
promote or endorse services or products of yours. (Non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another comment are acceptable for posting.)
Thanks