Search This Blog

Saturday 24 July 2021

Bagshaw Cave , Stagalmite creation

We did horizontal caving in Bagshaw cave, Peak district, 2021 July.

We found this water dropping.

-A stagalmite is an upward-growing mound of mineral deposits that have precipated frm water dripping on to the fllor of a case. -(Copied from google)

So about 1000 years from now on there will be a stagalmite here.

Stagalmites are typically composed of calcium carbonate, perhaps also with lava, mud, peat, pitch, sand, sinter or amberat.

2 comments:

  1. A very good friend of mine once told me how to remember what stalagmites and stalactites are. When mites go up the leg tights (tites) come down. Stalagmites grow up, stalactites grow down.

    My friend died suddenly 1 1/2 years ago. From your school, a very well known personality in SL, especially during the last couple of years of his life.

    It was with him that most of my trips were done. Do your article reminded me doubly of him. I still miss him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Prajay. I don't know who he is , but surely we could have learn from him more. But that's life. RIP to him.
    Stagalmite and Stalactite still intrigue me. Always forget what's what. thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage you to share your thoughts if they are related to the topic being discussed. I review all the comments being posted. The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect my opinion.
I want to publish all your comments, but I expect comments generally to be courteous. I will not post comments if they:
contain hate speech directed at any particular race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability;
contain obscene, indecent, or profane language;
contain threats or defamatory statements;
promote or endorse services or products of yours. (Non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another comment are acceptable for posting.)
Thanks